it was warm enough to do this a few days ago, and now tomorrow it's supposed to snow. huh?
- Last night, I went up to Gunners room to check on him and heard him talking. So I stood at the door and listened for a while. I quickly figured out he was praying and this is basically how it went: "dear God, thank you for mommy thank you for daddy thank you for coltie thank you for granny and grandpa, thank you for tiger and kitty and thank you for Savi and thank you for my pillow and thank you for my blanket and thank you for my bed and thank you for my turtle and thank you for my shirt and please keep Indy and Nonie safe in Heaven and please keep Gunner safe and don't let anything bad happen to him. Is that ok? Can you do that?"
And then I died.
- Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking when they name characters in childrens movies. Take Dreamworks Puss in Boots for example. It has quickly became one of Gunners favorites and he has taking a liking to the main character. More then a few times a day, he declares "I love Puss so much. Puss is a nice kitty." I mean...should I tell him?
- Colt will turn 3 in four months and he is still sleeping in his crib. Which I wasn't expecting at all because Gunner started climbing out of his crib about three days after he turned 2 and went right to his big boy bed. Colt has actually "fallen out" of his crib twice and I think it scared him so he no longer tries to escape. I told my pregnant sis I would give her my crib for her new baby (since she will have three babies in three cribs) but for now, I'm liking the fact that he's trapped in there until I go up and get him.
- I tell my kids I love them approx. 50 times a day. I'll never understand parents who don't tell their kids that.
- Colt is semi-potty trained. I mean, not really, but I do keep him naked around the house and he has peed a few times in the potty. He screams for his diaper when he needs to go #2 so I'm still doing dirty diaper duty and I still gag every single time.
- Gunner has three girlfriends in his class at school. He always asks to go to their house when I pick him up. A little soon buddy, a little soon.
ps. thank you so much for all your comments on yesterdays post. Made me feel good.