- This sweater. It's long, it's slouchy (I'm in a size large - I size up often for a more relaxed look) and it's honestly one of the most comfortable soft pieces of clothing I have ever owned. AND it's only $48 AND if you use code RAVEN15 you get %15 percent off. Not only the sweater, but anything else in the shop. Like these faux leather leggings, which I must have in my own closet asap. Just go to penelopesage.com and use the code and shop. Because...why not? Also, make sure to check out the shop's Instagram and Facebook page for Cyber Monday updates.
- The other day, someone mentioned my alcohol intake and commented on how well I seem to be doing in spite of it. (Thanks?) Hey, I'll take any compliment I can get. (Hot Mess Express and proud of it, 'member?) I responded with something along the lines of, some people can function totally normal and drink a lot, whereas some people need to drink a lot to function totally normal. I'm not entirely sure which one I am but I'm okay with it. And thanks, bitch.
- I have a colonoscopy scheduled for the first part of January. Super yay, I know. I was pretty worried about how the whole process would go down until the nurse told me I could only have a clear see-thru liquid diet for the 48 hours prior to the procedure. All I heard was, "vodka is a liquid, and a see-thru one at that. YES." Totally not scared anymore.
- As the holiday season approaches, I am seeing more and more vague Facebook prayer requests. I've talked about this before, and as a Christian, I honestly feel for you, and want to pray for you, but for the love of God (literally!) - you need to tell me why I am praying for you! My Facebook prayers come at a cost...no tell, no pray. #godspeed
- Question for the universe: why does everything seem to go wrong at the absolute worst time?! For example, the other morning I was rushing out the door with my two kids trying to get to school at a reasonably tardy hour when I went to grab a stack of crackers to take with me in the car. (What? I'm hungry in the morning.) Anyway, as I lifted the crackers up and out of the box, the bag split and all the crackers fell onto the floor and crumbled into a million pieces. It looked like a cracker massacre on my hardwood floor, and for a split second I thought about cleaning up the mess, but then I thought again and just left them there and walked out the door. I thought once more about calling my husband so he didn't walk into the house flabbergasted but I thought for a fourth time that morning and decided against it, banking instead on him just assuming it was the cat.
Sorry cat, better you than me.
- Happy Thanksgiving friends.